Monday 12 March 2012

Our First Show

If you have been following me for any length of time you would know that I am a singer songwriter from Hamilton who has been on a musical journey of discovery over the past number of years.
Many years ago I was the lead singer of a Christian Folk-Rock band called Silas and in that band, I knew where I fit.  I wrote some of the songs and sang the songs with the others in the band.  Usually in 3 part harmony.
But since that time I have tried to find my voice and my sound in music.  I think I have been trying to hard to find something instead of just letting it happen.
The truth is, I live the sound of the acoustic guitar and feel most comfortable at this point playing that.  However, every time I have entered a studio the producers have suggested that I have a rock voice and that I write rock anthems that would also suit a full band sound.
Hense my Unbroken Son EP which is available on itunes through my website. http://darinmartinmusic.com/Darin_Martin_Music/home.html 
Playing as a band is really a difficult task when you think about it.  You have
different personalities, and schedules to deal with.  Not to mention moody artists that change really effect the dynamics.  However, when you get the right fit and those 4 or so instruments come together to play a great song, it is magical.
Well, as you know I have been writing for a new 5 Song EP and have put together 5 great songs with a great band sound.  I am really stoked about this new sound.  It is an incredible gift to a songwriter to hear your songs sound so full and see 3 other guys passionately rocking out on a song together.
So after almost a whole week and a half off from playing our last show as an acoustic Duo,  Geoff Laforet (Drums), Graham Richards (Bass), and Gord Richards (Guitar) will be taking the stage at the Garrison on Friday March 16th to rock out these 5 new songs from the EP.
We are all super pumped to play out and see what kind of reaction we get to the new sound and new tunes.
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog and support Darin Martin Music.
Please come to our facebook page and click "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darin-Martin-Music/217569348255922

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan