Monday 27 May 2013

The Velo Stage

I have had the opportunity to play in many locations in my career as a musician, but this morning may have been the coolest yet...






A few months ago my friend Reuben told me about an idea that he had to build a stage that would go behind his bike.  He asked if I would be willing to play while he rides around town and It thought it was kind of a crazy idea.  Crazy enough for me to jump in with both feet.  So this morning we joined "Ride to Work" day and traveled around on the streets of Hamilton playing a mix of original and cover music.  By mid morning we were on the front page of the Hamilton Spectator's web site. thespec.com  It was truly a sweet experience and created quite a buzz for both the limitless abilities of bicycles and Darin Martin Music.  Be on the look out for other artist who might play the Velo Stage on a street near you. To read more about this event go to. http://raisethehammer.org/article/1864






No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan