Monday 7 October 2013

A Wedding, a Funeral and a Birthday



This week has been a whirlwind of emotions for me.  Last Sunday we were informed that my wife's grandfather had passed away.  From Sunday to Thursday night, our main focus was the funeral and the travel involved to be at it.  It was a beautiful service and we got to see lots of family that we haven't seen for years.
When we arrived home on Thursday night we quickly switched gears to the Wedding that I was officiating for my cousin on  Saturday morning.
On Friday we headed for Barrie Ontario through the beautiful Fall colours and enjoyed a wonderful outdoor wedding.  The music at the wedding was split between 2 groups "The Barrel Boys" and "Au Pairs" who were both brilliant.
By the time my duties at the wedding were complete I was really to kick back and enjoy the reception and the great music and that is what I did.
On Sunday morning I woke up and celebrated my mother's 60th birthday with her over breakfast and a cupcake that we had saved for her from the wedding reception the night before.
Over all, it was a very cool week with lots of family, travel and music.  I happy now to be back at home listening to Imogen Heap and enjoying some quiet time with my dog "Scarlet".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan