Monday 10 February 2014

Trying To Find an Abandoned Home


I want to share a video with you that tells a cool story from this past weekend.  As you hopefully know by now, Matthew Fretz of Walkdown Sound has started working with me to help take my music to the next level.  On the weekend we were shooting a little video for a cover of a Neil Young song I did which we are planning to release next Tuesday, February 18th right before my first T.V. debut on Cable 14 on Wednesday February 19th.  We had shot the video on Friday night and were editing it on the Saturday when Matt left for a few hours.  When he returned he told me to "grab my coat and one of the guitars from the studio."  It turns out he had found an abandoned house on the side of the highway and wanted to go take a few photos and shoot a quick video.  So we trudged in through the deep snow, walked into a house that was missing it's windows and doors and had been left in a terrible state.  It was a total mess with birds nests in the corners and stuff everywhere but I couldn't help but think of who used to occupy that place.  I'm sure at one point there were many family meals and Christmas mornings.  What had happened to this family home that was now nothing more than a rotting house on the side of the highway?  Matt was a little more brave than I so he wandered around the house looking for some sort of spot to take some pictures and shoot a video.  We eventually landed on a tipped over book shelf that was laying on it's side infront of the window shown in the picture above.
It was very cold that day so we didn't stay long but Matt shot this video of me singing "Trying To Find A Home" and we decided to release it and share the story behind the abandoned house.
Although my fingers felt as though they were going to fall off at any point and I was using a slightly out of tune guitar, it was a very cool moment for us to experience together.
On the way in to this house Matt walked through the deep snow first and told me to follow in his footprints.  That is the kind of guy that Matthew Fretz is and I am thrilled to walk in his footprints as we work together on this great adventure.

Link to the Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9iPLG6vU-w 
Please share if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan