Wednesday 2 November 2011

Unbroken Son

A few years ago I was searching to find my musical sound so I tried a few studios until I met up with the guys from the band "The City Harmonic".  They had recently recorded their own record and I loved the big rock sound that had achieved.  So I booked some time with Aaron Powell (Guitarist of TCH) who was an old friend from the church I grew up in and we started creating a 4 song EP.
In the studio my good friend Rick Morgan laid down the bass and Ryan Donais played the drums whilst Aaron did most of the guitars and I sang.
When the project was finished I was very excited to get it into the hands of the "right people" but there were a few problems.  I was working a very busy job and "Unbroken Son" was really just Rick and I.








Eventually we pulled together a band and played a few shows but "UBS" never really took off and the recordings faded into the abyss on itunes under a name that nobody would recognize.
Still being pretty proud of the songs, I started thinking, why don't I pull those out again and see if we can put a little life back into them.
So, when I released my new EP "Every Time You Smile" in September I was able to pull up my "Carry Me Away" EP which is on itunes and CD baby under the name "Unbroken Son" and am now starting to promote those songs again on Facebook and my CBC Radio 3 profile.
Sometimes projects need a little extra time and space to develop into something new and fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan