Monday 5 December 2011

Invincible

Every once in a little while I watch a movie from my list of favs to get inspired to do something great with my time here on earth.  In order to make my list of favs there has to be some element of overcoming adversity or going hard for a goal.
This morning on a rainy Monday in early December my internet was down so I pulled out my box of DVD's and found the Disney movie "Invincible" and watched.
There are so many things that I love about the movie.  From Vincent Papale walking onto the field of his favourite NFL team and making the team, to the relationship between the he and the coach and his father.
But something that really stood out to me this time through was the special bond between the group of friends that hang out at Max's bar and play touch football together in a local park.
Each one of those guys had something pretty major happening in their life and the really stood behind each other.
Recently I was asked to take a funeral service and I was moved by the group of guys that shared loving woods and funny stories about their dear friend who has suddenly passed away.
I couldn't help but think that day and was reminded of it again today that we really need each other in this life.  For anyone who feels alone and doesn't have a solid support structure of friends like that, you need to change that.  We can't make it in this life alone.  I don't think we were created to be that way.
So I am once again inspired.  Not to try out for a football team but to be a better friend to those in my life and to really strive for my goal to be a professional musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan