Monday 19 December 2011

Recovery

On Saturday night after we got back from Sarah's school Christmas party I started getting sick and it continued all night long and into the morning.  Wow, do ever get sick like that and start to wonder if it will ever stop?  The craziest thoughts go through your head as you go from burning hot to freezing cold.
As I laid on the couch trying not to wake up others in my house with my sudden trips to the washroom, I was thinking about those that suffer all of the time.  Not the ones like me who bounce back in a few days but those who have regular ongoing health issues that keep them from living a "normal" life.  Or those who have a terminal illness and will never see total healing.
It made me realize 2 things, 1) How Fragile we are, 2) How we need to be thankful for every moment of life and health that we enjoy.  Those times when we are together with family or friends and nothing in the world seems wrong.  Or simply hearing that song on the radio that always gives you a few moments of peace and bliss.
I hope that you get to experience a sense of peace this Holiday season.  In spite of all that is going on around you, that you have some sense of real joy.
That is my Christmas wish for you.
Dariin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan