Thursday 1 December 2011

I Met With a Real Pro

Tonight I had the chance to sit down with a gal who is an absolute pro when it comes to developing a business plan and marketing your "product".  It feels very weird to talk about your music or yourself in those terms but the truth is,  as an artist, I am trying to get my songs into the hands of as many people as will listen.  Does that sound wrong?  I mean, it feels a bit wrong but why should it?
I've been thinking a bunch about music as a career and here's what has been going on in my mind.  If I were selling computers or miracle shakes or pencils, I would first of all make sure that the product I was selling was of good quality.  If it's not worth selling, nobody is going to buy it.  But if I believed in that product and believed that it could help people or save them time or whatever, I could get very excited about it and promote the stink out of it so that everyone I come in contact with could at least have the chance of owning such a product.
With my music, I am working very hard to make it the best quality that I can make it with the budget that I am working with.  I want to keep improving on that and will in time, but I believe in my songs and want lots of people to hear them.  I know that my music style or voice or CD quality won't jive with everyone who hears it, but I also know that in order to succeed in this, I need more than my family members and friends to hear it.
So anyway, this gal was super helpful and really inspired me to keep plugging away, keep focused on the main thing and putting in the time and passion.
So look out, cuz here comes a bunch of tweets, short video clilps, and facebook updates letting you know that Darin Martin Music is alive and kicking, hopefully soon in a radio near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan