Monday 23 January 2012

Leap Of Faith?

Could it be considered a leap of faith or just simply foolish for Geoff Laforet and I to take a big step in this musical endeavour to start something brand new and very fresh?
Today we walked into Oak Recording studio equipped with strong coffee (fair trade) some pads of paper and my laptop, sat down with long time friend and killer producer/engineer Gord Richards and started preproduction for a 5 song EP.
At this point we don't know what we are calling it, we don't know where the money is going to come from and we don't really know what is going to happen with this record when it is finished.  But we had already recorded one of the tracks with Gord and have heard what he is capable of and felt that it is worth the leap of faith.
There are only a few people who have heard the new track and so far the reaction has been a dropped jaw and a stunned look.  I have heard comments like "wow, this sounds like the radio" "I can't believe how big this sounds" and one of the little girls from the family we live with said "are you going to be famous?"  I laughed at that one.
If you know me, you know that I am not one to brag about my music, but I am absolutely amazed at how Gord has already been able to take our songs and help us build them with a really big sound that blows Geoff and I away every time we hear the track.
We are both very excited to make this record together and Gord is equally as excited to produce it.
We are going to work very hard to make a great record as quickly as possible and get it out to you.  Please keep checking in to this blog, follow us on twitter and facebook and help us spread the word that the Darin Martin Band is coming soon to a music player near you.
Peace, Darin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan