Tuesday 17 January 2012

New in 2012 - The Darin Martin Band

While I am trying to keep my blog posts focused on personal stuff that relates to my life as a musician, I wanted to take this chance to introduce the guys who have been making up the "Darin Martin Band."
As many of you know Geoff Laforet formerly of (Thousand Foot Krutch) and I met a year and half ago and started a friendship that has become very strong.  We joke that we have played so many shows together but have never even gone to watch a movie or spent much time just hanging out.  Geoff is an amazing guy and I have a whole lot of love and a ton of respect for this man.  We are working very hard at this music thing and our hope is that we can find more time to just hang together.



Gord Richards
(Aka G-Rock) has been in my life since I started being a youth pastor.
Gord is an incredibly talented musician and performer but what many people don't know yet, is that G-Rock is an amazing engineer and producer and is producing my new album set to release in the Spring of 2012.
G-Rock was a student in my youth ministry but quickly became a very close friend of mine and someone that I love very much.  As far as playing with me goes, because he is very busy with his own budding career, he will come and go based on his availability and for that I am grateful.
It should be said (incase G-Rock read this) that Gord has been one of the biggest reasons why I have decided to go after this dream to play music.  He has always encouraged me as a song writer and has always done everything he can to help make this happen for me.

Graham Richards (kid brother to Gord) was about 12 when I met him.  He has a brilliant mind and is quite possibly the easiest guy in the world to work with.  He is organized and disciplined which works very well.  I often give him chord charts for songs I have been working on.  After he trys to get through a song using my charts, he laughs and re-writes them with the actual chords I am playing.
Graham is an amazing musician and compliments my style, personality and struggle with administration beautifully.
He too is incredibly supportive and a huge encourager for Darin Martin Music and I am trilled to have him playing with me.









So there you have a little glimpse into who these guys in our new pictures are and how the come to play with me.
As the DMB develops and schedules allow for it, these guys will be joining Geoff and I for gigs that allow it.
We may also be looking to fill in some different pieces from time to time.
Please keep following us as this develops and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan