Wednesday 26 October 2011

There's nothing like a cup of Java and some good tunes

I'm meeting up with a good friend today for lunch but in typical Darin Martin fashion I planned to show up really early so that I could get to a Starbucks, grab a cup of Jo and get some music related work done before my meeting.  So I went with a tall Vanilla Latte this morning and found a leather chair.  Once I finally got all of my crap organized, I plugged in my headphones and played my new Civil Wars Album "Live at Eddie's Attic" and just took my first sip.  Ok, I know for the non-artsy types this sounds like pure rubbish.  Or for those who have chosen to not drink coffee, which I respect but don't understand.  For me, this is a small taste of the good life.  It's strange as I look around this place to see so many people coming and going.  Lot's of ladies these days seem to wear the sports wear as if to show everyone that they have just been to the gym so the extra calories in their Latte is justified because they've just burned it off on the treadmill at the gym.
Everyone is going somewhere.  Everyone except for the group of us who have set up camp here for a few hours to tap into the free wifi and "get our work done."  I find myself getting lost in the songs at moments like this.  Music is such a drug for me.  It has the ability to overcome me with incredible emotions.  It can take my mind on long journey's that my body it too afraid to go on.
Today is one more chance to really live and be about something.  I want to make a difference today.  I want to accomplish something great.
Ok, one more cool thing.  I have a friend who attends Mount Allison University in New Brunswick and she is doing a review of my EP "Every Time You Smile" for her school newspaper.  That's a bit scary but I thought it would be fun to get some feedback so we'll see how that goes.
I wish you a wonderful and productive day.  Even if productive for you looks like sitting in a coffee shop and working on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncle Nathan